Rates vary based on the services provided.
I do not participate with any insurance plans. However, as a licensed clinical psychologist, most services provided may be covered out-of-network in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my annual deductible and has it been met?
- Is my mental health services deductible separate from the deductible covering physical health?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- If coverage is expressed as a percentage, is that percentage based on the actual fee?
- If my coverage is a percentage based on "reasonable and customary fees," what is the maximum fee for a 45-minute individual psychotherapy session (CPT or service code 90834)? This varies considerably among insurance companies (sometimes based on market research and sometimes arbitrarily low) and may cap the actual reimbursement sum.
Cash, check, and all major credit cards accepted for payment as well as direct payment via bank transfer.
Once you register with Better, https://getbetter.co/register, my electronic health record (EHR) system will send your Superbills directly to Better who will submit reimbursement claims on your behalf. Better charges a 10% fee for successful claims. However, if your claim is applied to your deductible or not covered by your policy, Better is free.
In addition, Better will work with your health insurance company to determine whether rejected claims can be appealed and will automatically do so for claims denied for missing information, lack of preauthorization, or another administrative errors. If you prefer to file with Better directly, you can take a photo of each Superbill or send it to [email protected].
Military & Veteran Discounts
I offer a 20% discount to Active Duty Military members. I also participate in Give An Hour (www.giveanhour.org) that provides free psychotherapy to Veterans and Homecoming for Veterans (www.homecoming4veterans.org) that provides free Neurofeedback for Veterans. Please visit the respective websites for more information and to enroll.
Flexible Spending Accounts
If your company offers a medical flexible spending account (FSA), you may consider using it to minimize your actual out-of-pocket cost. This allows you to use pre-tax dollars for medical deductibles and unreimbursed expenses. One benefit of using a flexible spending account is that you can file for reimbursement immediately or have your FSA debit card charged as a convenience, even before the plan is fully funded. Click on the link to this online article for more details. Talk to your human resources manager for full information on your company's particular plan.
If you do not attend your scheduled appointment and have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Request a therapy appointment online here or click under "New Client" below to schedule a complimentary phone or in-person "meet & greet."
Questions? Please contact me at (703) 400-0654 or [email protected].